In order to send a letter to an individual at the facility, please address the envelope to the address below and be sure to include the individual’s name and their MSA#.
Worcester County Jail & House of Corrections
5 Paul X. Tivnan Dr.
West Boylston, MA 01583
Incoming mail must meet the following criteria:
- The correspondence must be written in black ink or blue ink or non-colored pencil.
- The paper that the letter is written on must be white-lined paper, free of stains, spills, or discolorations.
- Envelopes must be pure white only.
- Except for stamps (that will be removed by Mail Room staff), envelopes must be free from all stickers, address labels, tape, or other adhesives.
- The address and return address must be written or typed directly on the envelope.
- Drawings must be in blue or black ink or non-colored pencil.
- Greeting cards and photos must not be multi-layered or laminated.
- Incoming mail must be odorless with no scent or aroma.
All incoming non-privileged correspondence will be photocopied for security reasons. A photocopy of the original correspondence rather than the original correspondence will be forwarded to the inmate. The original correspondence will be held for 30 days and then later destroyed.
Mail received that does not conform to this policy will be returned to the sender or sent to Special Services, even if a money order is enclosed.